NOSS & BRESSAY CRUISE
What you'll see:
60,000+ seabirds, dozens of seals and amazing underwater views of kelp forest, corals and plankton...
Book your trip:
Our Bressay & Noss cruise sails daily, 15th April - 15th Sept (other times by arrangement)
The highlight of your Shetland holiday – our famous Noss boat trip to the seabird and seal colonies – PLUS underwater viewing on every cruise.
Possibly the best wildlife cruise in the world- P. L., Derbyshire, 10th May 2009.
Shetland’s award-winning wildlife adventure cruises around Noss National Nature Reserve and Bressay depart seven days a week from Victoria Pier Slipway, Lerwick, at 10am and 2pm.
- Duration: three hours.
- Season: 15th April – 15th September and at other times by arrangement, subject to weather, demand and annual overhaul.
- 2013 is our 22nd season. Since 1992 we’ve carried over 33,000 passengers. A typical comment in our Visitors’ Book is: “The highlight of our Shetland holiday!”
- In 2001 Seabirds-and-Seals founder Dr Jonathan Wills pioneered underwater wildlife viewing in The Shetland Sea, using video cameras and a remotely controlled mini-submarine, or ROV. This opened up to visitors a rich, fascinating and previously little known part of the islands.
- This is the only Shetland boat trip to guide you through the entire marine ecosystem, from the “fog” of microscopic plant plankton up to top predators like grey seals and great skuas.
- Seabirds-and-Seals offers you the best guides, the best boat, the best views and the best value.
- Over 80% of Noss boat trip passengers choose Seabirds-and-Seals. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so beware of cut-price copycats.
- Consistently rated FIVE by independent Tripadvisor reviewers, Seabirds-and-Seals is ranked the #1 tour from Lerwick by the world’s biggest travel website.
Video courtesy of Shetland.org